To reduce the disturbance from tourism in the main sanctuary area, and to facilitate tourists to understand the importance of Gir and its wildlife, an interpretation zone has been created at Devalia. This comprises 412 ha of chain-link fenced area which is ‘Gir in a nutshell’, covering all habitat types and all major representatives of wildlife of Gir. The basic aim of creating this facility is to provide an opportunity to view lions and other animals in their natural habitat within a short period and reduce tourist pressure on the sanctuary. The area has a good quantity of prey base in the form of Spotted Deers, Blue Bulls, Wild Boars, Blackbucks, Sambars and Chinkaras. Spotting a Lion in its savanna habitat is a treat to the eyes for a wildlife. A good variety of grassland, as well as forest avifauna, is also spotted in the area. 20-30 Indian Vultures are regular visitors here.
Important Information to know before Devalia Gypsy Safari Booking:
- 100% of total Devalia Gypsy safari permits are available online only, on spot booking is not allowed.
- Advance booking starts 90 days before the safari date, so kindly book your gypsy as early as possible.
- Devalia Gypsy safari will be conducted in a closed gypsy.
- Safari Price: Rs. 4000 (Indian) / Rs. 12000 (Foreigner)
- Safari Price Breakup (For Indians): Permit = Rs. 1000, Gypsy & Driver = Rs. 1500, Guide = Rs. 400, GST & Service Charges = Rs. 1100
- Camera Fee: Rs. 200 (Indians) & Rs. 1400 (Foreigners) has to be paid before the safari starts.
- The maximum number of visitors allowed in one gypsy is 6 adults (13yrs and above) and 1 child (12yrs or below). No charges for infants below 3yrs.
- Guest Details required for booking: Full name, age, gender, ID Proof (Passport/VoterID/Driving License/Aadhar Card) number of all the visitors. (Pan Card is not allowed)
- Visitors need to compulsorily carry the same identity proof given at the time of booking, the forest officer will check before your safari. In case of any mismatch, your safari will not be conducted and no refunds will be given.
- Visitors are requested to reach Sasan Gir Reception Center (Sinh Sadan) at least before 30 minutes of your scheduled safari time.
- Pick Up and Drop facility from hotel/resort (only up to 6 Kms) is available but at an extra cost of Rs. 1000.
- Devalia Gypsy Safari remains closed every Wednesday.
Things not supposed to do in Devalia Park
- Do not litter.
- Do not feed animals.
- Do not carry pets.
- No honking.
- Do not take away flora & fauna in the form of cuttings, seeds or roots.
- Plastic or items made up of plastic are prohibited in the forest area.
- No trespassing in the forest area.
- Do not alight from the vehicle.
- Do not use spotlights or searchlights.
- Do not disturb or tease wildlife.
- Avoid playing any kind of musical instruments.
- Smoking & liquor are strictly prohibited.
- Do not carry weapons or explosives inside the Devalia Park and Sanctuary.
- Do not be disappointed if you don’t see a big cat – cherish the beauty of the landscape and other wildlife.
Devalia Gypsy Safari Timing
|Vehicle Type||Particulars||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Safari Gypsy||Monday To Sunday||7 AM To 7:55 AM||3 PM To 3:55 PM|
|8 AM To 8:55 AM||4 PM To 4:55 PM|
|9 AM To 9:55 AM||5 PM To 5:55 PM|
|10 AM To 10:55 AM|
|Note: Devalia Safari Park remains closed every Wednesday.|
Devalia Gypsy Safari Charges
|Safari Gypsy||Monday To Sunday||Up To 6 persons + 1 Child||INR 4000||INR 12000|
Note: In one E-permit maximum of 6 persons (plus one child between 3-12 years) are allowed.
10% Discount on All Hotels & Resorts in Gir National Park. Connect to our representative for more details about pricing and hotel pictures. We have budget, 3*, 5* hotels and resorts. Facilities available in hotels: Free-Wifi, swimming pool, badminton court, jogging track, conference hall, wildlife documentary, children park, parking area, separate room for your personal driver, generator backup (not for A/C & TV), bird watching area, sunset point, Jain food & non-veg food cooked in separate spaces (on advance request).
- Permit Charges
- Guide Charges
- Gypsy & Driver Charges
- Representative Charges
- Booking Charges
- Local Sightseeing Fare
- Bus, Train and Flights Fare
- Pick up and Drop facilities from the hotel up to 6kms (Rs. 1000 extra charges per gypsy)
- Refund rules against cancellation: Before 10 Days (75%), Before 5 Days (50%), Before 2 Days (25%), Less than 2 Days (0%).
- Safari gets canceled in case of the late arrival of visitors and no refund will be given.
- Gir Forest Department has the right to cancel your safari at any time due to any unavoidable circumstances in and out of the forest.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry their pets and food inside the jungle.