To reduce the disturbance from tourism in the main sanctuary area, and to facilitate tourists to understand the importance of Gir and its wildlife, an interpretation zone has been created at Devalia. This comprises 412 ha of chain-link fenced area which is ‘Gir in a nutshell’, covering all habitat types and all major representatives of wildlife of Gir. The basic aim of creating this facility is to provide an opportunity to view lions and other animals in their natural habitat within a short period and reduce tourist pressure on the sanctuary. The area has a good quantity of prey base in the form of Spotted Deers, Blue Bulls, Wild Boars, Blackbucks, Sambars and Chinkaras. Spotting a Lion in its savanna habitat is a treat to the eyes for a wildlife. A good variety of grassland, as well as forest avifauna, is also spotted in the area. 20-30 Indian Vultures are regular visitors here.
|7:30 AM to 8 AM||10:30 AM to 11 AM|
|8 AM to 8:30 AM||3 PM to 3:30 PM|
|8:30 AM to 9 AM||3:30 PM to 4 PM|
|9 AM to 9:30 AM||4 PM to 4:30 PM|
|9:30 AM to 10 AM||4:30 PM to 5 PM|
|10 AM to 10:30 AM|
Important Information to know before Devalia Gypsy Safari Booking:
- 100% of total Devalia bus safari permits are available online only, on spot booking is not allowed.
- Advance booking starts 90 days before the safari date, so kindly book your gypsy as early as possible.
- Devalia bus safari will be conducted in a closed bus.
- Safari Price: Rs. 250 per person (Indian) / Rs. 4000 per person (Foreigner)
- This cost does not include the guide charges i.e. Rs. 400
- Camera Fee: Rs. 200 (Indians) & Rs. 1400 (Foreigners) has to be paid before the safari starts.
- To ensure the safety of visitors, seating capacity in the vehicle is reduced to half.
- Guest Details required for booking: Full name, age, gender, ID Proof (Passport/VoterID/Driving License/Aadhar Card) number of all the visitors. (Pan Card is not allowed)
- Visitors need to compulsorily carry the same identity proof given at the time of booking, the forest officer will check before your safari. In case of any mismatch, your safari will not be conducted and no refunds will be given.
- Visitors are requested to reach Sasan Gir Reception Center (Sinh Sadan) at least before 30 minutes of your scheduled safari time.
- Devalia Bus Safari remains closed every Wednesday.
10% Discount on All Hotels & Resorts in Gir National Park. Connect to our representative for more details about pricing and hotel pictures. We have budget, 3*, 5* hotels and resorts. Facilities available in hotels: Free-Wifi, swimming pool, badminton court, jogging track, conference hall, wildlife documentary, children park, parking area, separate room for your personal driver, generator backup (not for A/C & TV), bird watching area, sunset point, Jain food & non-veg food cooked in separate spaces (on advance request).
- Bus Permit for each visitor
- Guide Charges
- Local Sightseeing Fare
- Bus, Train and Flights Fare
- Pick up and Drop facilities from the hotel
- There is ZERO Refund if you cancel your bus safari.
- Safari gets canceled in case of the late arrival of visitors and no refund will be given.
- Gir Forest Department has the right to cancel your safari at any time due to any unavoidable circumstances in and out of the forest.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry their pets and food inside the jungle.