Situated on the mighty Shetrunji river banks, The Ambardi Wildlife Interpretation Zone (popularly known as Ambardi Safari Park) is located approximately 7 km from Dhari taluka in the Gujarat state. Established in 2017 to create another unique destination for wildlife lovers and enthusiasts, it spans over 365 hectares. The beautiful undulating terrain, proximity to a large water reservoir, and the famous Khodiyar temple give visitors a unique and unforgettable experience. It offers a remarkable diversity of flora and fauna with a feel of a savannah type landscape and can be viewed as an extension of Gir forests' eastern part.
The forethought behind the park's conception was to augment the Asiatic lion conservation efforts further and raise awareness among the masses to connect them towards the cause of conservation. Diverse plant species creates an assemblage of habitats that are needed for the proliferation of wild species. It shelters a healthy population of the Asiatic lion, Indian leopard, chinkara, blue bull, spotted deer, Indian porcupine, monitor lizard, birds, and much more wild fauna.
How To Reach Ambardi Safari Park:
Easily accessible through road from Amreli-Dhari-Kodinar state highway from Amreli. Una-Tulasishyam-Dhari and Una-Jamwala state highways from Una. The nearest bus stand (Dhari bus stand) is 5 km away from the park, while the nearest inter-city bus stand is 9 km away.
The main railhead situated on the western railways' meter-gauge railway line is around 6 km from Dhari.
Person can come via flight up to Dhari, Rajkot Airport, Which is 140 km nearest from Ambardi Safari Park.
Ambardi Park Safari Timing:
|Vehicle Type||Particulars||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Bus (Non AC)||Monday To Sunday||8 AM To 9 AM||3 PM To 4 PM|
|9 AM To 10 AM||4 PM To 5 PM|
|10 AM To 11 AM||5 PM To 6 PM|
|Note: Ambardi Safari Park remains closed every Tuesday.|
Ambardi Park Bus Safari Permit Charges:
|Bus (Non-AC)||Monday to Friday||INR 200||INR 3500|
|Saturday-Sunday/ Festival Days||INR 250||INR 4000|
Important Information to know before Ambardi Park Bus Safari Booking:
- 100% of total Ambardi Park bus safari permits are available online only, on spot booking is not allowed.
- Advance booking starts 90 days before the safari date, so kindly book your gypsy as early as possible.
- Ambardi Park safari will be conducted in a closed bus.
- Safari Price: Rs. 250 per person (Indian) / Rs. 4000 per person (Foreigner)
- This cost does not include the guide charges i.e. Rs. 400
- Camera Fee: Rs. 200 (Indians) & Rs. 1400 (Foreigners) has to be paid before the safari starts.
- To ensure the safety of visitors, seating capacity in the vehicle is reduced to half.
- Guest Details required for booking: Full name, age, gender, ID Proof (Passport/VoterID/Driving License/Aadhar Card) number of all the visitors. (Pan Card is not allowed)
- Visitors need to compulsorily carry the same identity proof given at the time of booking, the forest officer will check before your safari. In case of any mismatch, your safari will not be conducted and no refunds will be given.
- Visitors are requested to reach Ambardi Safari Park Reception Center at least before 30 minutes of your scheduled safari time.
- Ambardi Safari Park remains closed every Tuesday.
Things not supposed to do in Ambardi Safari Park
- Do not litter.
- Do not feed animals.
- Do not carry pets.
- No honking.
- Do not take away flora & fauna in the form of cuttings, seeds or roots.
- Plastic or items made up of plastic are prohibited in the forest area.
- No trespassing in the forest area.
- Do not alight from the vehicle.
- Do not use spotlights or searchlights.
- Do not disturb or tease wildlife.
- Avoid playing any kind of musical instruments.
- Smoking & liquor are strictly prohibited.
- Do not carry weapons or explosives inside the Ambardi Safari Park and Sanctuary.
- Do not be disappointed if you don’t see a big cat – cherish the beauty of the landscape and other wildlife.
10% Discount on All Hotels & Resorts in Ambardi Safari Park. Connect to our representative for more details about pricing and hotel pictures. We have the budget, 3*, 5* hotels, and resorts. Facilities available in hotels: Free-Wifi, swimming pool, badminton court, jogging track, conference hall, wildlife documentary, children park, parking area, separate room for your personal driver, generator backup (not for A/C & TV), bird watching area, sunset point, Jain food & non-veg food cooked in separate spaces (on advance request).
Bus Permit for each visitor
- Guide Charges
- Local Sightseeing Fare
- Bus, Train, and Flights Fare
- Pick up and Drop facilities from the hotel
- There is ZERO Refund if you cancel your bus safari.
- Safari gets canceled in case of the late arrival of visitors and no refund will be given.
- Ambardi Safari Park Department has the right to cancel your safari at any time due to any unavoidable circumstances in and out of the forest.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry their pets and food inside the jungle.